The University of Memphis (UM) Athletic Department will use this Plan to determine priority purchase privilege and seating locations for Football and Men’s Basketball. The plan applies to season tickets, bowl games, tournaments, and away games. All rights to tickets remain the property of The University of Memphis. The University of Memphis reserves the right to revise this Ticket Priority Plan.
The Purpose of the Plan
- • To provide a plan by which priority to purchase athletic tickets or to secure better seat locations will be determined. The Plan will apply equally to all tickets sold by the Athletic Department.
- • To provide a plan which encourages donations to The University of Memphis Athletic Department through the Tiger Scholarship Fund.
- • To provide a plan which permits The University of Memphis Athletic Department to express its appreciation for years of season ticket purchase and for donations to the Tiger Scholarship Fund. Years of season ticket purchase and donations will serve as the major factor in determining season ticket priorities.
Where the priority to purchase tickets or determination of seat location specifies use of the point system, cumulative points will be computed as follows. Points are cumulated on an account basis. Points are not transferable.
• Continuous years of purchase of season men’s basketball tickets
Three (3) points per year back to 1964
• Continuous years of purchase of season football tickets
Three (3) points per year back to 1965
• Continuous years of purchase of season women’s basketball tickets
Three (3) points
• Continuous years of purchase of season men’s baseball tickets
Three (3) points
• Donations to University of Memphis Athletics.
Two (2) points per $100 on a cumulative basis for all donations. Points for company “matching gifts” will be awarded to the individual employee/donor unless the company specifies differently or restricts its donation to non-athletic purposes. In the spirit of a matching gift program and to encourage employee contributions, UM employees will receive double points for their contributions. Fractional points are not used.
Beginning with the 1987-88 season, basketball season ticket purchasers were permitted to retain their priority seating locations in the Mid-South Coliseum if required donations were made. Those purchasers who had continuously purchased tickets since 1969-70 season and before were permitted to retain their seating locations without making donations. Those purchasers exempt from the donation requirement will be awarded points as if they had made the donation required for the three years involved.
• Continuous years as a Tiger Scholarship Fund member
Three (3) points per year (Tiger Scholarship Fund started in July 1992)
• Current year member in an Athletic Support Group
One (1) point per membership (Highland Hundred and Rebounders)
Two (2) points
One (1) point
• UM Faculty and Staff
One (1) point